Monday, February 29, 2016

Power of Prayer:  2/29/2016

Hey everybody! Sorry it has been so long since I have written one of my weekly reports. Been pretty busy on my P-Days. Anywho, hope you are all doing well! Thanks for all the letters, emails, and packages you have sent me. They mean so much to me:)

Well right now I am starting my 4th transfer in the land and I am still in my first area, Sønderborg. I was somewhat excited to go somewhere else, but to be honest, I am happy to still be serving in Sønderborg. I absolutely love the branch I am serving in. The members are really the best people I have met! I love them so much and am so thankful for all they have done to help me. Next transfer date is April 4th.

The days are starting to get longer, the sun has been shining brighter, but it's still freezing cold! Can't believe that February is already over! It feels like New Years wasn't too long ago. Things were pretty slow at the beginning of the year, but they are starting to kick up now. We have (L) on baptismal date!! He will hopefully be baptized on the 19th of March. It would've been earlier but we have stake conference and a few other things during these next two weeks. He is awesome and I will tell you more about him in the future.

Thought I would share a quick story with you that happened a week or so ago. So I was up in Frederica on splits with my zone leaders. Æ. McDougall and I were out contacting when I stopped a women and starting talking to her about prayer. I was able to testify on prayer and that it works and then introduced her to The Book of Mormon. She said she knows someone who is Mormon, but doesn't know a lot about the Mormon faith. Before we departed, I asked her if we could say a prayer with her. I hadn't ever prayed with someone on the street before, but I was feeling strongly that we should. She said that would be fine and I said a prayer. I don't remember what I said, but I do remember feeling the spirit so strongly! After I closed the prayer, I looked up and she was crying. She said she really needed that and thanked me for that. Well we went our separate ways and about 2 hours later we got a call from a member in the Frederica ward. He was the member that she knew and he called us to tell us that after we met her, she immediately went to his house and told him about this experience. She told him that the night prior, she had prayed for the first time in a very long time. Praying for help and for a change in her life. She then said how when she saw us it was as if we were angels sent straight from heaven. That we were glowing and that when we spoke she felt Gods love for her. It was as if "they opened the gates of heaven for me".  I guess she then read Moroni's promise with her member friend and is wanting to meet with the missionaries again. I was so happy when I heard that! I'm so grateful that I was put in that situation to help her know that God heard her prayer.

Things have been great. I have had a lot of ups and downs on my mission but I know that I am growing because of them. Hope you all are doing well back home! I love and miss you all. Have a great week:)

Æ. Weese

P.S. If you have a Google Plus, feel free to follow me Parker Weese I post a lot of pictures on there.





Fun at the Sculpture Park in Augustenborg 
































No comments:

Post a Comment