Monday, May 16, 2016

Preach My Gospel Studies: 5/2/2016

This last Sunday I was asked to teach mission prep, so I asked Elder Weese to give me some of his thoughts about Christlike Attributes.  I loved that he took pictures of his book and sent them to me!!  As a mom, one of my greatest joys is to see the change in him as he serves.  Here are his thoughts from his studies last week:

Hi mom,

Well I did my studies in chapter 6 of Preach My Gospel and got quite a bit out of it:)
The biggest thing is that I learned that these Christ like atrributes aren't just a one time, learn them then you got them deal. But they are a lifestyle, something we strive for every single day! It's because of the atonement that we are able to work at them. The biggest help we can receive is through prayer. 

Faith- Faith in Jesus Christ is first and formost though. Without it, nothing else is possible. It is the foundation to our efforts and everything we do. Remember faith without works is dead. We must have faith even if we fully don't understand. God's power is unmatched and it works according to our faith. Our faith in Christ increases as we learn of him.

Hope- We must have hope that it will all work out. Hope and faith work hand in hand. It is hope that allows us to stay happy in hard times.

Charity and love- To love one another is a commandment from God, therefore he is willing to help us love others. We show God our love for him by being obedient and loving others.

Virtue- virtue covers both our thoughts and actions. Uplifting thoughts have a huge influence on whether or not we are virtuous. Don't leave room for darkness in your mind.

Knowledge- It also is a comandemt to progress both spiritually as well as physically. Knowledge is great when we avoid being prideful. In the gospel, we are always learning.

Patience- Being patient shows God that we trust him and his timing. Things he does will always be for our gain.

Humility- humility is submissiveness, thankfulness, and selfless. It is not a weakness but rather a spiritual strength. The only way we will be able to understand God is by being humble. Rely on God rather than yourself. Pride is a gateway to so many other sins.

Diligence- diligence is not just scraping by with the requirements but doing all that we can! Getting lost in the work.

Obedience- Nothing gets done as a missionary if you are not obedient.

This were just some quick notes I took during my studies. I have learned that we should pick an attribute, study, then strive to be better at it!

Hope this all helps:)
Love,
Elder Weese




























No comments:

Post a Comment