Monday, December 7, 2015

Getting ready for Christmas in Denmark: 12/7/2015

It's Jul tid!! Christmas time in Denmark!! Lights are getting put up, Christmas trees on every corner, and the weather is horrible! haha this week has been hurricane winds and non-stop rain, I'm loving these Danish winters! The sunrises at around 8:30 and sets at 15:54 (3:54 p.m.) So it feels like it is always dark!
 
Ældste Jensen and I did a lot this week! Starting off with a pretty good P-Day. I'm trying to get more of a variety when I grocery shop. I make the same junk everyday so I'm trying to mix things up a bit! I can't remember if I mentioned this, but last week we threw on our winter tires for the car. We had to use this super ghetto jack, but luckily we didn't get crushed. Let's just hope our wheels don't fall off while we are out driving haha. We took our car in to get serviced. Dealerships here are sooooo different than the ones I am used to back home! I have yet to see a Jeep, Ram, Chrysler, Dodge, and the only Fords I have seen are little Euro Junkers. When I talk to Danes about vehicles back home they tell me, "Oh they are way too big, bad quality, not efficient whatsoever...etc" It's hard not to argue and say that I have yet to see a nice car in Denmark, but as a missionary I shouldn't argue about that stuff haha.
 
This week has been really hard for Ældste Jensen and I. It might have to do with the bad weather, but we had a really hard time contacting. Basically no lessons and nobody interested. I have been sick for that past few days and we both felt like we are in a slump right now. It was really hard for me at first, but as the week when on I changed my perspective. I have strengthened my relationship with the Savior, Jesus Christ, so much this week.  Never have I felt closer to him. I can't imagine how hard it must of been for him, the son of God, to be rejected and despised of man. Of the very people whom he was serving went through the Atonement for. I know how it is for me when I see someone reject the Gospel, but I can't imagine how our father in heaven feels. 
 
I am thankful for the trials and hardships in my mission, not because I enjoy them or that they are easy, but that they allow me to grow. That they strengthen my testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Ether 12:6 says "...for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith." I know that to be true. It takes an act of faith to see the light of Christ. I'm eternally grateful for him and what he has done. Providing a way for all mankind to be saved, to change their own lives for the better. The message of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ brings me joy. It helps me know that I can become all that God sees in me. That my family I have now and the one I start later will be eternal! Knowing this has really helped me through this week!
 
I'm excited to be having my first Christmas in Denmark soon! I hope all of you back home can look around all the crazy madness and chaos of the season and see what it's truly all about. A celebration for the Savior! There are two videos I recommend all of you to watch, "A savior is born" and "Because of Him" both are around 2-3 minutes but they are great!
 
I love you all and hope you have a great week!!
 
Ældste Weese


















No comments:

Post a Comment