Monday, January 4, 2016

Godt Nytår- Happy New Year 1/4/2016

Hey mom & dad!!! Sorry if this seems short and chaotic, I have to take an EP-Day today because of a district activity this week up in Espjerg. That's also why I won't be sending out a weekly report, but anyways. Happy New Year!!
 
Oh my gosh....I honestly thought I was in the middle of a war zone in Iraq over New Year's. They go CRAZY here! Like look up on youtube videos of New Year's fireworks in Denmark, they go all out!! I have some really good videos of it all that I'll try to figure out how to send next week. Bottom line though is it was insane. We ate dinner with familien Kuntz and Eriksen and watched them light a few fireworks, I about got blown up hahaha. One of the rocket ones never left the ground haha. It was a way fun time! We had to be back inside our apartments at 10 and we could stay up till 1, well we couldn't even fall asleep with how crazy it was! The picture I'm sending you of what looks like fog is actually the aftermath of some of these fireworks haha.
 
Just to answer your questions really fast:
Mom:
Yes, New Years is a huge deal here in Denmark! My church starts at 10 goes til 12. We just have sacrament and sunday school, we are studying the same things you are, just in Danish! haha. No snow, just FREEZING temperatures. The wind makes it so cold here.  No news about transfers but I am basically 100 percent positive I will still be in Sønderborg, I will get a new comp though. Ældste Jensen has been here for like 5 or 6 transfers!
 
Dad:
The week has been great. Only one teaching appointment. Shashank is on date for baptism!!!! He will be in India though so it just gives him a day to work for.  I am improving with the language, but I feel like I should already know way more than I do. My comp speaks Danish pretty well.
 
Thanks again for all that both of you do:) I miss you two so much! I think a lot about all the great funny memories we have as a family:) You both have been such a huge example to me! I love you two so much! Have a great week:) I can't wait to hear from you again!
 
Vi ses
Ældste Weese





No comments:

Post a Comment