Monday, October 12, 2015

Elder Weese's 5th email 10/7/2015:

So just a little background before I post his email, Parker had surgery in April for a growth on his tailbone. We thought all was going well with his recovery, then about 1 month before he left, his incision opened up again. He went to the Dr. several times & had a chemical put on it to help it close, but it still wouldn't. So 2 days before he left for the MTC he had 4 stitches put in it. Having a son leave for a mission is stressful enough, but sending him there with a medical condition made it even worse. So when he writes about his stitches or seeing the surgeon, that is what he is referring too. We have prayed & fasted for his wound to heal & not cause him anymore problems. Especially since he is going to a bicycling riding mission. There has been tender mercies all along the way that have made us realize Heavenly Father is aware of us & Parker's desire to serve in Denmark. This email is one that reaffirmed to me, that when you are doing what you've been called to do, Heavenly Father will bless you with what you need.
-Andrea 

Parker's email:

Hey!! How was everyone's week? I hope you all got my letters I sent. What did you all think of conference weekend? I absolutely loved it! I have never listened as close as I was able to this weekend. I have pages and pages of notes. I was able to hear something that I needed from everyone that spoke. It was sad to see Pres. Monson struggle through his talk. One of my favorite talks was Elder Holland's. When he compared a mothers love to the love of Christ. Mom, it sure had me choked up. I hope you know that I recognize all that you have done for me. There isn't any other person in my life that has sacrificed as much and loved me as much as you do. I'm eternally grateful for that and I'm deeply sorry if I have ever made you feel otherwise.
This week has been a pretty good one for me. I visited the surgeon a couple more times since my last email, this Friday should be my last visit! I love going there. I call it my little "Field trip to the outside world" I get to watch Planet Earth on the T.V. in the waiting room. That is my new favorite show cause It's the only T.V. I ever see.
Everything here at the MTC has basically been the same though, still on the same schedule, so hopefully things will spice up once I get out into the field. I had an experience this week though that really changed everything for me though. No doubt probably one of the most spiritual experiences I have ever had.
So during this 4 hour period of study time we had yesterday, I told my comp we should study outside cause it was such a nice day! Non-members are more than welcome to visit the MTC, when they get here, they are given a golden nametag which tells us missionaries that they are investigators and can be approached to talk to! For the past week I've been having a hard time staying motivated and knowing that what I am doing is really worth while. Well yesterday, while we were studying outside (which we never do) a non member named Domenic (a man probably in his late 40s) approached us & extremely emotional. He shook my hand got to know me a little bit, then looked me in the eyes and said some things I will never forget. Come to find out he has a grandson that is serving a mission in Florida, but he still has never had any sort of association with the church. He told me though that he felt the need to visit the MTC to figure out what we were all about because he wanted to know what his grandson was doing. He told me that he thinks it is amazing that us as missionaries would drop everything, sacrificing 2 years of our lives and everything that goes with it to go out and preach the word of God. He said that as soon as he saw me he felt like what we were doing was of God and that what we are teaching is true. He couldn't stop telling me how much he loves the missionaries and how the world needs to hear the message that we share. It made me so happy and I could feel the spirit more than I ever have before. I love Domenic and hopefully will be talking to him again soon.
No more than 5 minutes later, a man named Dennis approached us with a few questions about the church. He, his whole life being catholic, heard rumors how we aren't christian, but when he sees that we are "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" it confuses him! How can we not be Christians if Jesus Christ is in our name itself?! He asked me if we believed in the same Jesus as he does and I told him yes and by the spirit was able to bear a powerful testimony of the savior to him. He asked for a Book of Mormon so I gave him one, suggested some scriptures that he should read. He wants to meet with us as much as he can before with leave for Denmark. He told me that there is something about me and my comp that just glows and he feels so comfortable with.

These two experiences have made me so much stronger and were exactly what I needed. Tender mercies from God. It's crazy how the gospel does this but I absolutely love Domenic and Dennis so much and I barely have met them! When I see someone without the gospel in their lives, and the questions that have because of it, really makes me appreciate the knowledge and sense of peace I receive from it. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ:)
I hope everyone back home is doing well:) Sorry if my sentences sounds weird, I'm at this awkward stage with Danish where I still don't really understand it but now my English is starting to get pretty bad! Sentence structure and spelling are so different. 
I almost forgot to tell you! So my biggest worry the past couple of weeks is that I could get reassigned. Every Doc I have met with has said that and they have made multiple calls to Salt Lake. It stressed me out so much and I constantly worried that I would be reassigned to somewhere in the states. Well, before the Saturday session of conference started, I felt inspired to read my patriarchal blessing. I came to the part that says something along the lines of "The spirit will guide me to the homes and hearts of the people in DENMARK where I am called to serve" After seeing that I felt a rush of peace. That really made me know that no matter what, I'm serving in Denmark!
So yeah, thought I would share that with you!
Thanks for the letters and packages you send:) They make my day! I love and miss all you guys so much! 
Gud Velsigner, vi ses hej hej

Ældste Weese





No comments:

Post a Comment